IDFC First Select Credit Card Review
IDFC first bank offers Six types of credit cards IDFC first millennia, first classic, first select, first private, first wealth, first wow
IDFC also has credit cards in collaboration with other NBFCs. One card is also in collaboration with IDFC bank.
We will review IDFC first select card in this article.
IDFC First Select Credit Card Benefits
IDFC credit cards have many benefits that can help you get a better experience traveling and living.
with an IDFC credit card, you get complimentary lounge access in the airport and railway lounges, cash withdrawal interest-free across the world at any ATM & low forex markup
with an IDFC card, you can do dining, shop, and watch movies at discounted rates. You also get complimentary golf rounds each month.
you can also avail of other benefits like low-interest rates, no annual fees, 10X rewards on purchases, easy conversion to EMI
Type– Premium features card
Interest rate– low
Annual fees – no annual fees, lifetime free
Card Type– semi-premium card
Key Highlights of IDFC first, select a credit card
- Travel perks, a superior reward program & round year offers
- No annual fees and low-interest rates
- Reward points never expire and remain in your account till you use them
- Up to 10x reward points
- Welcome bonus ₹500 on spending ₹15000 within 90 days of getting the card
- 5% cashback up to 1000 on the first EMI done within 90 days of issuing the card
- Air accident cover of ₹ one crore ( condition apply)
- Four complimentary domestic airport lounge access quarterly
- Worth ₹1399 roadside assistance complimentary
- 4 Railway lounge access quarterly free
- Buy one get one movie ticket offer on the Paytm movie app twice a month
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% up to ₹300 per month across all fuel stations in India
- Up to 20% discount in more than 1500 restaurants all over India
- Travel insurance ₹22500, personal accident cover ₹5 lakh condition apply
- Convert all online transactions above 2500 into EMI using the mobile app
- Balance transfer privilege to transfer a balance from your other bank credit cards
Fees & charges
- No fees, lifetime free card
- Forex markup is just 1.99%
- Interest rate is 9% to 42% per annum or .75% to 3.5% per month
- 2.5% or minimum ₹500 interest on Over limit
- Late payment fees is 15% of the amount due( minimum ₹100 & maximum 1250
- ₹250 Domestic & international cash advance charges
You can make Credit card payments in a convenient way; there are many options available for credit card bill payment.
You can choose from multiple convenient payment options. There are no transaction charges on credit card payments
The best thing about the reward program is points never expire. You can keep your rewards forever. There is no expiry of collected points.
Points are easy to earn & redeem. You can use reward points for online or offline purchases
Spending up to ₹25000 per month on online and offline purchases, you can earn 3x & 6x reward points
You can earn 10X reward points if your spending is above ₹25000 per month
One reward point -₹.025 | 1 reward point per ₹125 spent
There is no limit on the maximum rewards points earned on this card
On redemption of rewards point a convenience fee of ₹99 will be charged
Four times complimentary access to domestic airport lounge per quarter and four times complimentary access to railway lounge per quarter
With the add-on card feature, you can extend your existing card to your child, wife, sibling, or parents. Add-on cards do not cost anything as they are lifetime free with no joining or annual fees
You can get consolidated statements & bill payments on your main credit card with an add-on card feature.
Spends made through add-on points will also get you to reward points
You can define the credit limit on the add-on card. You can get up to 3 add-on cards to your main credit card
How to apply for an IDFC bank credit card
You can apply for IDFC first select credit card online. The process is simple and user-friendly.
Eligibility for applying for this credit card is to have an IDFC select account or the credit card of other banks with a limit above 1.5 lakh.
Once they accept your application, you immediately get a virtual card ready to use
The bank later posts a plastic debit card to your address
Who can apply for IDFC first credit card
- Applicant’s age must be above 21. Must be an Indian resident with a current and permanent address in India.
- Monthly income must be ₹25000 or above
- Applicant’s credit bureau score must be good; your credit score must be over 700.
- The credit usage ratio should be at acceptable levels
How to redeem earned reward points
You can use earned reward points to pay for your online purchase directly. Using these reward points to pay for your purchase is very easy.
Just select the “pay with your points” option when paying for online purchases
How you can use reward points
Reward points are points that you get when you make payments using your credit card.
With IDFC first bank credit card, you can get rewarded up to 10X. You can redeem these points at any time and make an online purchase using these points.
Reward points you earned never expire; you can redeem these points at any time. Convenience fees of ₹99 will be charged when you redeem these points
Advantages of IDFC first select card
- The interest rate of credit cards are low
- Credit card is lifetime free with no annual fees or joining fees.
- Railway and domestic airport lounge complimentary access
- Low forex markup charges on all your international purchases
- Zero interest on cash withdrawal from any ATM around the world
- Discounts on travel, gadgets, movies, grocery
- Split your payments into EMI easily
- 10X Reward and cashback using the credit card for payments.
How to apply for IDFC first select a credit card
Appling for IDFC’s first select a credit card is easy; you can go to their website and apply for a credit card yourself.
Go to the website, open the credit card page, and choose the card out of their six credit cards.
Then select the card and click on apply now. Fill in all the details and attach the documents required, then submit
The credit card application process will start and verified by the bank.
Once they approve your application, you will immediately get a virtual credit card in the IDFC banking app.
Later IDFC will also send you a physical credit card in 5-6 working days
Other cards from IDFC first bank
- IDFC first Millennia
- IDFC first classic
- IDFC First Wealth
- IDFC first Private
- IDFC first Wow
It is an entry-level card, but the bank portrays it as a premium; if you can spend higher, it can serve as a premium card. It is a good card if you want free access to airport & railway lounges.
It is a lifetime-free credit card that gives many benefits. You so if required, you must consider taking this credit card
Hi, I`m Devanshu, the man behind bloggingdost.com. I love writing about SEO, WordPress, Blogging, Internet Marketing, Make money online.