What is WordPress comments plugin
Comments are an essential part of any blog. A full list of beautiful comments glows your blog and increases engagement.
Installing a comment plugin for WordPress will organize the entire comment section beautifully.
Therefore, we have gathered a list by which you can select the best WordPress comments plugin,
Why need a comments plugin?
The native inbuilt plugin WordPress provides is one of the best comment systems to use.
However, to expand more features and to extend the functionality of the current native comment system. There are several plugins you can use.
Moreover, using the plugins as extras will be helpful in the following ways,
- The one main reason you need the best WordPress comments plugin is to increase the engagement of the user
- The native comment section does not have the upvote and downvote button. Using plugins, you can add those
SEO and Structured data
- Using the plugins, you can set the nested comment in a beautiful manner
- Allow your user to comment using their social network profile without providing their email address
- Restrict users to comment within a specific limit or set the minimum character they need to enter to drop a comment.
11 Best WordPress comments plugins for your site
You might know Thrive from our Premium theme provider list. Thrive comments is another amazing creation.
It is the best WordPress comments plugin you can use on your WordPress website.
The thrive comment can be integrated with the native WordPress comment section to provide an amazing User interface.
Moreover, it increases engagement by showing the most helpful comment according to the user vote.
Moreover, Your old comments won’t go anywhere but will continue to show in the new comment UI.
- First of all, it is easy to integrate
- Users can Upvote and downvote
- Custom messages and badges
- The Social Login feature is also available
- Above all, your old comments will be shown here
Price: $47 for a single website
2. WordPress Native comments + No self-pings
No, it is not a plugin. The inbuilt comments given by WordPress are also the best option to go with.
You don’t need any extra plugins to decorate, and WordPress inbuilt plugin system does all the work you need.
However, you might have noticed something. Whenever you link any article or someone else links to your article.
You might have seen trackbacks in the comment section, and it is called pings. By default, WordPress notices you whenever someone links to your blog.
It is quite irritating sometimes when you have a lot of posts. Therefore, you can Install no self-pings.
The plugin removes all the internal linking pings just by installing. Also, it is a lightweight and free plugin.
- Beautiful native comments
- No internal linking message (trackbacks)
- Once you install no self-pings, you can manually exclude the domain name by going to settings > discussion.
- It does not affect the loading speed
When you have installed WordPress, you will have heard about Jetpack.
It is one of the famous plugins where you can see the stats and traffic and have various other features.
The same plugin provides a feature that is the best alternative to any of the best WordPress comments plugins. You can go to Jetpack>discussion and set the options from there.
- Social Login options along with the name, email, and website option
- Also, No need to install extra plugins other than Jetpack
Price: Free (You can use the pro version for additional features)
If you have been blogging for a long time, you might have heard about the Disqus comment section.
Wpdisquz is a similar comment system to Disqus, but by using the plugin, you can customize it more.
It is AJAX real-time comment plugin that makes commenting more easier and better.
The best WordPress comments plugin can also be integrated with all the other plugins such as Akismet, WordPress zero spam, and WPBruiser.
Moreover, they have various add-ons you can install to extend the plugin’s functionality.
- Custom fields
- “Load more comments” button to load more comments using AJAX directly
- Nested comments and threaded comments
- Sticky comments
- Voting system
- Gravitar caching
- Subscribe option
Price: Free; you need to pay for add-ons
Replayable is the plugin built by Postmatic (postmatic was the older version of Replayable).
The plugin makes the comment subscription easy and fast. It claims to be the best WordPress comments plugin for easier comment subscription, comment management, and comment conversation.
Moreover, it is one of the smart plugins where you as well as your user, can manage the entire comment section by simple email commands.
- Full email notification
- Smart replies
- The auto pauses the subscription if there are too many comments
- Auto-adapts features from the current theme
- Above all, simple email commands for authors to moderate and manage any comments.
Price: Free; for add-ons, you need to take their membership starting at $2.99 a month.
(They do offer a trial for 30 days to test their plugin)
As a blogger, you might be familiar with this comment system.
Commentluv automatically adds the latest post from the commenter’s blog.
It is considered one of the most engaging comments plugins.
If you are looking to increase your email list and have a large number of comments, this plugin is for you.
This plugin attracts many comments because most bloggers comment on your blog to get a backlink.
Commentluv adds a do-follow link to their blog. Some tools to check backlinks like Ahref will show your blog for comments.
Hence, you will get more comments, and the bloggers commenting on your blog will get a backlink.
You can use this plugin to increase your relationship with fellow bloggers. It not only increases the comments on your blog, but you can build community with this.
Many bloggers and SEO Experts are searching for Commentluv blogs to comment.
The best part is they will not directly comment but will read the entire blog post to comment more effectively.
- First of all, it is useful to increase comments
- Best plugin if you want to build a relationship with fellow bloggers and webmasters from the same niche
- You can also build a community
- Above all, The people who visit your blog are professional bloggers; there is a good chance they might link to your blog if they like your article.
Graphcomment is another choice you can make if you want a better comment system than a native one.
Your visitors can comment using the native system, and the plugin adds some of the other features.
Those features include social login, and the comments are organized in better-structured data, which makes it easy for users to subscribe to any comments hassle-free.
Moreover, they have all the basic comment features such as a voting system, SEO-Friendly structured data, etc. Along with this, they have word filtering, and you can enable total views.
- It is Multilanguage
- It sets Structured data
- The plugin makes the comment section more SEO Friendly
- A user can log in using social networks to comment on the blog
- Users can upvote or downvote the comment.
If you are the one who wants the automatic loading with the inbuilt comments, lazy loads for comments is for you.
It improves page loading speed, and along with this, it helps to reduce HTTP. Moreover, It is translation-ready and developer friendly.
- It can reduce the number of HTTP request
- It Lazy loads comments and Gravatars
- Translation ready and genesis support
Yoast comment hacks are the best WordPress comments plugin made by the Yoast team, which can be used to add some extra tweaks and make changes.
You can use this plugin to make the comment system clear and more understanding.
Moreover, the plugin lets you change the length of the comments, remove unnecessary information from the admin email, allow or disallow links in the email, as well as help you set a comment redirect page.
If someone comments on your website for the first time, you can redirect them to a thank you page and ask them to subscribe to your blog. This way, you can make a great first impression on your visitor.
- It shows clear emails on the admin side, which just removes all the other unnecessary things you are seeing
- Redirect comments to thank you page
- You can restrict your user to a certain limit. For instance, you can set the minimum comment length to 15 and remove all the simple comments such as “amazing post,” “nice,” etc.
If you are fed up of the same kind of comments seen in the comment box daily.
Many users find a mistake once they submit the comment; simple comment editing adds one simple “Edit” option, which they can use to edit their own comments.
Obviously, the plugin only allows the user to change their comment five times.
If they allow more than that, it might cause some serious problems.
Just think to yourself, how many times has it happened to you when you submit the comment? You immediately come to know about a typing mistake in your comment?
Don’t let the same happen to your users. Install Simple comment editing to ensure they can edit the comments whenever they want.
- Integrates with native WordPress comments
- Provides an edit option from which user can edit their comments up to 5 times
- you can set a timer for editing comments. Moreover, you can hide or show it according to your preferences.
Price: Free | paid version is also available for just $8.99 a year
You can do social optimization of your website using this plugin. Users can see FB comments on your website when you use this plugin.
This plugin improves your website traffic from Facebook. To use this plugin, you need to create Fb App ID.
- Easy to use & user friendly
- You can customize comments to the fullest
- Change language
- Compatible with popular plugins
Price: free | pro version also available
This plugin helps integrate social login, social comments, and social shares into your website easily.
This plugin is GDPR compliant and compatible with Gutenberg editor & amp.
- AMP compatible
- Icon customization
- 100 Social share and bookmarking services
To conclude, these are the best comment plugins to increase your user’s engagement and the look and feel of your WordPress website.
If your blog does not have more views, our suggestion will go to native comments.
You can add some of the best WordPress comments plugins used along with the native comment section.
However, if you use any other comment plugins other than this, make sure your website loading speed does not decrease.
No matter which comment plugin you use, make sure you reply to every comment on your blog to make them visit again.
It will also create engagement. Hence your visitors are likely to visit your blog again if you reply to them.